Get Cindy’s Posts By Email!
Connect with Cindy
- Managing our Money: The Bucket List on To Generate More Money, I Manage What I Already Have
- MaAnna on You Get What You Pay For – You Decide What to Pay Me
- Why Genesis Theme Framework for WordPress Sites on Contact
- Cindy on Why You Aren’t Getting What You Really Want
- Lorna Sophia Levy on Why You Aren’t Getting What You Really Want
- Why I Will Never Use First Data Global E4 Gateway API and Will Try to Discourage My Clients 3/4/2014
- 10 Problems You’ll Have Getting the Website You Need 2/26/2014
- Fixing a Background-position in Firefox vs. Chrome 1/15/2014
- Hiding my Pop-up When a Visitor Returns if They’ve Chosen Not to See it Again 12/10/2013
- Add a jQuery Sliding Pop-up to my Website 11/21/2013
- Increase the Security on Digital Downloads – Change the Folder Name Every Day Automatically in WordPress 10/27/2013
- PayPal Payment Data Transfer (PDT) – Getting PayPal Information Returned to Your Site 10/27/2013
- Test My PayPal Buy Now Buttons on My WordPress Site for PayPal PDT 10/27/2013
- Show a Certain Div’s Contents if a Certain Option is Selected in a Select 10/26/2013
- WordPress 3.7 Upgrade Error: Call to a member function reset_postdata() on a non-object 10/25/2013
- New Posts at CullenWebServices.com 3/2/2014
- First Data Global E4 Gateway API PHP Example 1/18/2013
- Reseller Club PHP API Integration 12/21/2012
- PHP Frameworks 5/5/2011
- jQuery fancybox ‘*.support not defined’ or ‘b.support not defined’ Error 1/9/2011
- Building Dynamic Subdomains 1/8/2011
- Daily Web Tips Not So Daily 10/29/2010
- CSS Only Menus 10/25/2010
- CSS Cheat Sheet 10/25/2010
- The Disappearing Database! ‘MySQL server has gone away’ 10/23/2010
Tag Archives: walking
I don’t know if you are tired of reading posts about my getting in shape, but I’m getting tired of writing them. This will be my last one – at least for a very long while. I don’t want to focus on it anymore since it’s a new habit. It’s not like I focus on brushing my teeth every day even though I DO brush my teeth every day. Brushing my teeth and wellness are both just a part of my morning routine now.
I haven’t given you an update lately. I hope you assumed that no news is good news and didn’t think I had given up
I haven’t posted because I’m really trying to make this just something that I do and not make it an issue.
I’ve continued to do the yoga 5 days each week. I am REALLY enjoying the yoga once I get started. I still dread it a bit until I get started, but the degree of dread is slowly going down. I do feel better when I’m done and I think it helps me feel better all day long. I’m trying to remind myself of that when I’m laying in bed dreading getting up because I know I have to face Rodney Yee again with those sometimes impossible poses he seems to throw at me before I’ve had my coffee. Actually, I’m falling in love with him and dreading him less and less Continue reading
I’ve lost count of how many days or weeks it’s been since I started my quest to get in shape. That’s a good thing.
Yesterday I started taking a whole food multi-vitamin. I’m focusing on vibrant health and more energy.
It must be working because I think I had a brilliant idea today. Some of the folks I’ve shared it with think I’ve lost my mind. They may be right, but I think it’s brilliant. I think it was an inspired thought and now I’m going to take inspired action.
I’ve learned that I should do, observe, correct without any emotion. This is not with just eating, but with anything I’m trying to master. I first do whatever it is I’m trying to get better at. Then I observe how I did without emotion. Did I miss the mark? Did I get close to where I want to be? Did I do part of it wrong and get the other part right? I evaluate my attempt this time. And then I make corrections. What can I do differently next time to make it work even better? What did I do right that I should continue to do next time? You get the idea. By taking the emotion out and just doing it, observing how well I did, and then correcting, I tend to get a little better each time. That’s much better than beating myself up about it.
Today, I feel like crap! Remind me why I’m doing this??? …
Focusing on my body is not fun for me. I can think of a million other things that I would rather be doing. Making my blog about health and fitness was not in my grand scheme of things. But, when I started trying to figure out where I should start to help others be successful in their business, I had to face the facts. The thing that has helped me make changes in my life in the past has been to gain more self-confidence and more self-control by taking control of my body through focusing on wellness. …
Today I can focus on the pain I have and still do the exercises or I can focus on the future I know I have and do the exercises. Either way, I’ll do the exercises. But, which way will cause the exercises to bring me the most benefit? I CHOOSE to focus on the bright future ahead and the more fit body I will have because I KNOW focusing on that will give me much more energy and enthusiasm while I exercise.