Get Cindy’s Posts By Email!
Connect with Cindy
- Managing our Money: The Bucket List on To Generate More Money, I Manage What I Already Have
- MaAnna on You Get What You Pay For – You Decide What to Pay Me
- Why Genesis Theme Framework for WordPress Sites on Contact
- Cindy on Why You Aren’t Getting What You Really Want
- Lorna Sophia Levy on Why You Aren’t Getting What You Really Want
- Add a jQuery Sliding Pop-up to my Website 11/21/2013
- Increase the Security on Digital Downloads – Change the Folder Name Every Day Automatically in WordPress 10/27/2013
- PayPal Payment Data Transfer (PDT) – Getting PayPal Information Returned to Your Site 10/27/2013
- Test My PayPal Buy Now Buttons on My WordPress Site for PayPal PDT 10/27/2013
- Show a Certain Div’s Contents if a Certain Option is Selected in a Select 10/26/2013
- WordPress 3.7 Upgrade Error: Call to a member function reset_postdata() on a non-object 10/25/2013
- Use Ajax Checkbox Toggles to Update the Database 10/25/2013
- Display My Custom Post Categories (Custom Taxonomy) in a Dropdown 10/18/2013
- Three Reasons You Shouldn’t Add the Privacy Option to Your Domain Name 10/17/2013
- Add a Child Theme for an Elegant Theme in WordPress 10/17/2013
- Check out The Lazy Programmer 6/2/2013
- First Data Global E4 Gateway API PHP Example 1/18/2013
- Reseller Club PHP API Integration 12/21/2012
- PHP Frameworks 5/5/2011
- jQuery fancybox ‘*.support not defined’ or ‘b.support not defined’ Error 1/9/2011
- Building Dynamic Subdomains 1/8/2011
- Daily Web Tips Not So Daily 10/29/2010
- CSS Only Menus 10/25/2010
- CSS Cheat Sheet 10/25/2010
- The Disappearing Database! ‘MySQL server has gone away’ 10/23/2010
Tag Archives: starting a business
One of the hardest parts of my job is setting prices. I love to help people and sometimes end up giving myself away a little too much. I really don’t mind until the other party starts to take advantage of … Continue reading
I will be hosting a webinar on Thursday, February 16, 2012 at 9PM EST, 8PM CST, 7PM MST, 6PM PST. The cost is $20. We will discuss the things you need to think about before you spend a lot of … Continue reading
The Customer Advantage is a great new idea/web startup in pre-launch right now. I’ve watched it grow from 4,800 members to almost 25,000 in the last month. I believe it will continue to grow and will grow faster and faster as the word gets out. Why? Because it’s such a tremendous idea!
The new header is the Crazy Horse Memorial being carved in the Black Hills of South Dakota near Mount Rushmore. You can see what it should look like when finished in this picture at wikipedia.
eBay is probably the quickest way to make money from home. If you have stuff to sell that others want to buy, whether new or used, you can usually make sales within a couple of days depending upon how you set up your auction. But, unless you’ve really got a LOT of stuff sitting around that you need to sell and it’s selling well, you probably aren’t going to make a lot of money quickly with eBay.
With that said, there are a lot of people that are making a great living selling on eBay. Many people use eBay as an extension of their brick and mortar or online store. Unless you are selling foods, guns, or something else that eBay forbids, there is really not a good reason to not take advantage of the marketing power of eBay. Of course, some items will sell better than others, but there are really not items to small or too big – from jewelry to cars and from tools to antiques – most all types of items can be sold on eBay.
If you have a lot of knowledge in a particular area, or if you are dedicated to becoming the expert in a particular area, or even if you are good at pulling the right experts together, you can create a membership site. Or better yet, you just have to build a community around members who are interested in talking about the same topic. Once your community gets big enough and has enough valuable information to make it a ‘members only’ community, you can start charging a monthly subscription.