Here are 10 ways to make money from home with your computer (ranked in no particular order):
- Affiliate Marketing – Many websites offer affiliate programs which will pay you when you send someone to their site resulting in a sale on that website.
- Web Applications – As technology advances many websites are becoming web applications such as Catalog of Dreams (Online Vision Board), Basecamp (Online Project Management), and My Outdoor Calendar (Online Point of Sale for Fishing Shops, Hunting Outfitters, Marinas, and other outdoor businesses). Websites can do more than just deliver information.
- Blogging – Bloggers that create a following can make money through advertising and affiliate sales. Many advertisers pay by the click, others pay when sales are made, and others pay just to be seen on your popular blog.
- Virtual Assistant – Many small businesses and sole proprieters will pay someone to assist them with various chores that can be done remotely. There are several sites that now hire virtual assistants such as odesk
- Membership Site – Become an expert on your favorite topic and start your own membership site.
- eBay – eBay can be a good source of income once you learn how to find the right products for your niche.
- Telecommuting – more and more companies are allowing their employees to work from home. It cuts down on their overhead, cuts travel time, and allows employees – and employers – to be more flexible. Technology has provided ways for us to work remotely depending on the requirements for your job.
- Selling Physical Products or Services – An ecommerce website solution allows you to reach the world with your product or service. Knowing good search engine optimization techniques and good social networking skills can help you sell more of your products and services online. Brick and mortar businesses can now reach a much larger market.
- Selling Informational Products or Services – Don’t have a physical product or service to sell? Make your own information products and services. Computers allow us to make ebooks, CD’s, DVD’s, Videos, Manuals, hardcover books – self-publishing, and much more. Creating products can be fun, easy and profitable.
- Informational websites – Websites that provide free information can still be profitable through advertising and affiliate marketing.
Many of these don’t require that you have a website or any special skills. Some of those that do require you to have a website still don’t require a lot of money to get started.
With today’s technology, it’s easier and cheaper than ever to start your own business from home. If you have a computer and internet service, you can start your own business for little to nothing, with very little overhead. It just takes your time and some hard work.
Most of these are things you can do in your spare time and can lead to profits that will eventually allow you to quit your full-time, away-from-home job.
If you are interested in getting started in any of these areas to make money from home, let me know and I’ll help you get started.
I’m sure there are other ways that you know about to make money from home with your computer that I’ve not included in the list above. Please share those in the comment section below. I’d love to add them to my list!